“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person.
What personal data is collected?
At various times, we will collect and process personal information that you give us as our hotel guest about you and members of you party, by phone, email or when making a booking via our website. We also collect personal information from any online or other travel agency service that you make an indirect booking with for your stay at A:ROAM:A.
The type of personal information we collect includes:
- Contact details (e.g. last name, first name, telephone number, email, postal address)
- Your delivery date
- Your preferences and interests (e.g. dietary requirements)
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
(i) Internet activities:
- Connection to A:ROAM:A website (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online orders, A:ROAM:A’s pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.).
How we use your personal data
We will only collect personal information that we require to fulfil our contractual or legal requirements unless you consent to provide additional information.
Specifically, we collect your personal data for the purposes of:
(i) Meeting our contractual obligations to our customers
(ii) Managing the delivery of orders
(iii) Securing and enhancing your use of our websites, especially:
- Improving navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention.
(iv) Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
Who we share your personal information with
A:ROAM:A will not share your personal information with any third party without asking for consent
Why have a cookies policy?
To provide information and ensure transparency about:
- the origin and purpose of the information processed when you browse A:ROAM:A’s website.
- your rights with regard to cookies and other tracers used by A:ROAM:A’s
What is a cookie?
Cookies and other similar tracers are packets of data used by servers to send status information to a user’s browser and return status information to the original server through this same browser.
The status information can be a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, a response field or other types of information.
During their validity period, cookies are used to store status information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to this website at a later point.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser
- The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit A:ROAM:A website, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
- This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of A:ROAM:A website, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
- You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section “Deleting and/or blocking cookies”.
How long do we retain your personal information for?
A:ROAM:A will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to meet the purposes for which it was originally collected. These periods are subject to legal, tax and regulatory requirements, or to enable us to manage our business.
Your data protection rights
You have a number of rights under the data protection laws, namely:
- to access your data (by way of a subject access request);
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data;
- a right of data portability, namely to obtain and re-use your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to object to direct marketing;
- not to be subject to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or similarly significant effect on you;
- to claim compensation for damage caused by a breach of the data protection legislation;
- if we are processing your personal information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You may ask for further information about our use of your personal information or complain about its use in the first instance by contacting our Privacy Officer at A:ROAM:A by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to the address below:
280, High Street
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal information or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their address is: First Contact Team, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
A:ROAM:A Privacy Notice January 2021